Tuesday, January 04, 2005

2 bags

yesterday all the children that's of age, went to school, my daughter and son included. my son's in kindergarden, and it's his 2nd year, so he's spared lots of stuff - for now.

this year, my daughter is in standard 2 and her class room is on the 3 level (2nd floor) of the school building. her bag weights as much if not more than her & mrs chief had to help her carry her bag (roller bag) up to her room. i can believe it when her class teacher said that her mum had to help her carry her bags to the classroom too, and suggested we get 2 bags for my daughter to 'spread' out the weight.

yesterday nite we went out to buy 2 new bags for her. one for her to backpack and the other to hand carry up to her class. sigh....if this goes on,
we'll be able to identify those from chinese schools by their height, for they will be stunted by the heavy load school bag they have to carry from a young age.
or
identify them by their built. you'll most definitely have nice bulging muscles after carrying those weights school bags from 7 years old.

if students have to carry such a heavy bag/bags, the least they can do it let them have their classes on ground floor.

my son is even scrawnier ( if there is such word) than my daughter and would roll down the stairs if required to climb 3 flight of stairs with a bag this heavy. i better feed & fatten up my son up for his standard 1 ( going to same school as his sis )

6 Old Comments:

Tey should have lockers for every class so heavy stuffs can be stowed safely inside. We can wish, can't we?

By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:17 pm  

my 13 yr old bro is slouching so much im quite sure it's the load he carrying. i used to share books with my neighbour in class so that we would have half the load, or stuff em books under the desks n lock the classroom. i guess for younger kids wouldn't know how to devise ways to escape the weight, plus that naive enthusiasm to carry everything to school...maybe a bag with rollers could help?

By Blogger Kimberly Low, at 5:03 am  

my lord! you are scaring me lar. two bags?!? aiyoh...

By Blogger Buaya69, at 2:35 pm  

Bustaman :- told my wife to suggest that to the headmaster

Kimberlycun :- good idea, but think most of the books now a days are work books.

buaya69 :- i kid you not.

By Blogger Chief, at 5:48 pm  

school should have BIG lockers to lock their unwanted books.

tall school buildings should have elevators.

I used to put my books in my open-drawer. no problem. heheh

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:29 pm  

Kancil Killer : i used leave books in the open drawer as well but sometime they get stolen and i would get scolding.

By Blogger Chief, at 9:33 pm