Friday, June 17, 2005

Happy Father's Day

i'll be celebrating my sister's wedding instead as her wedding happens to fall on that day.

my dad's gone to be with the Lord. being very chinese, we're not very affectionate and don't hug each other. i kind of sometimes imagine how it would feel like. the closes i got was holding his hand and comforting him when he was in the hospital. i remember how big his hand felt even though i'm already a grownup.

the way he showed love was by asking, do you have enough money ? once when i was in form 5 going out with a bunch of my friends for supper (in Klang), he gave me rm50 and asked if it was enough. when he left, my friends teased me. rm50 was a BIG deal back then, esp in a small town like Klang.

i could do almost anything or go anywhere and the only thing i remembered i could not do was cycle to Tioman and he would not get me a 'big' bike.

well for those of you who still have the 'old man' around, treat him nice even if he doesn't seem to enjoy it. i'm quite sure he'll appreciate it.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. it's your day, let your kids pampered you for a change.

2 Old Comments:

Hope it as a good day for you. The fathers in my church got serenade with Winds beneath my wings by the whole church. So touching.

By Blogger 5xmom.com, at 3:11 pm  

Me was busy with my sister's wedding. but at the end my childern gave me a chocolate in the form of a CD.

hope your atm got some vip treatment from you !

By Blogger Chief, at 5:47 pm