Monday, March 27, 2006

Holding hands

During the 2 and a half days of my wife resting, i had the un-envious task of waking up at 6.15am,6.20am and finally at 6.25am to get my daughter ready and walk her to school.

the 6.15, 6.20 and 6.30 you see up there is me waking and telling myself 5 more mins, then i'll get up. my 4 year old son refuses to wake me up early on saturdays, coz he says 'pa always says 5 minutes more', sometimes i just show them my hand with my fingers outstretched, signing for another 5 more minutes. sigh.... what kind of dad am i. hehehehe...

making her breakfast and packing her water and tea ready is a breeze but not tying her hair. the 1st day she was most ambitious and handed my 2 units of sophia's twist (as seen on TV) to tie her hair up into a nice bun. after a few tries, she settled for one, a simple pony tail. on the second day, she tied it herself with a rubber band.

the 1st day we walked out of the house without the bag, i later found out that mummy's the one who takes the bag out and backpack it to school for her, (which i already know). so if any of you guys want to safe some gym money, you can come help us.

the walking to school part is very enjoyable, you get to make small talk and when crossing the road, she'll automatically reach for your hand. you get to feel like a daddy, protecting your little girl from the danger of on-coming cars. when we hold hands, i like to squeeze her hand a bit, she'll then respond by doing the same ( i learned this through a focus on the family audio recording ), it's our little secret code, not seen or known by everyone but the two of us.

as it is still very early, i'm usually dressed in shorts and an old t-shirt and i'm sure looking a little funny as people who are not a morning person would look. she don't mind at all, she didn't like, try to walk faster to sat in front of me or tell me it's ok, she'll walk the rest of the way (guess not yet anyway). hehehe...it's nice to be accepted as you are no matter how shabby you look.

it was a nice 3 days, but today i tried to wake up early and tak boleh... coz my wife is ok already. think i'll make a deal with her and walk my daughter to school ever other day.

ok post my walking my son to school experience tomorrow

0 Old Comments: