Friday, May 19, 2006

marriage vow

groom
i ( ) take thee ( ) to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part.
bride
i ( ) take thee ( ) to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part.

actually i can't remember my marriage vow. but the above should be close. funny how the other day God reminded me of it. not so sure what it's for.

maybe it's just so that my commitment to her remains strong, since it was made in front of God and these witnesses (i'm sure the sentence is in the wedding ceremony somewhere but just not sure where).
i've been busy and living like i do not have a better half. gave up a 9 to 6 job to 'chase after a rainbow'.

or that i'm to be love, cherish and obeyed, which is hard when you're not around or leading the family. hmmm...guess there's still work to be done, in my marriage i mean.

whatever it was, it was an 'eye opener for me. after 10 years, you tend to forget some things and need to be reminded again.

0 Old Comments: