Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Father

last Saturday after a long break i went for morning prayer again. i had actually gone coz there were things to be done after the prayer meet, so i thought i might as well go earlier for the prayer meet.

during the prayer meet God drop a thought in my heart.
since i'm now fatherless, He's now my father*. yes He has & will always by my Heavenly Father, but this thought really make it personal for me. if before my idea of Him is like the 'Father' who is up there watching over me, now He's close by.
i hope this make sense as it's quite difficult to put into words as especially without a dialogue with the reader.

God sort of confirm this as when interviewing one of my church members, he too spoke about lessons he had learned about God being his Father, as he grew up without a father figure.

how awesome is that. i sometimes miss my dad, especially at times like this where i need some advice when making major decisions. now i can go to my 'other' Father. it sure takes a load of my chest.





* this is not to say that God is/will not be close by if your earthly father is still around.

0 Old Comments: